ENFORCEMENT REQUEST


Edmonds is a great place to live, work and play. For over 30 years, my family has resided in downtown Edmonds. For many years I've been involved in City government and the administration of the Edmonds Community Development Code and Comprehensive Plan. Last week, I was sadden to learn of John LaTourelle passing. John was the City Consultant that wrote the original Comprehensive Plan Chapter 15 of Edmonds Community Development Code. Of course, John had a lot of assistance from a truly dedicated group of citizens, who provided important input. Most of their work has endured and preserved the Edmonds quality of life. Edmonds "The Gem on Puget Sound" is a true statement.

The Edmonds' quality of life could be even better though, but for City Attorney W. Scott Snyder and the Ogden Murphy Wallace Law Firm butchering the city codes and Comprehensive Plan. Last weeks, Council meeting was a classic example of his poor work product and his dereliction of duty to the citizens and Council.

As a child, I played and visited a place know as "Queen City Farm". Presently this property is known as Cedar Hills Landfill and home of Cedar Grove Composting. Queen City Farm was a hog farm. Believe me when I say, I know hogwash, what the stuff looks and smells like. Hogwash is disgusting. At most City Council meetings, Scott Snyder under the guise of being a qualified attorney serves the citizens and City Council ample amount of Hogwash. Last week, two interim ordinances were passed by the Council based on Mr Snyder's bogus and flat out misrepresentations of fact. The purposes of these new laws are to cover up the poor job done in code amendments and administration of procedural application of the code.

On December 9th, 2009, I faxed a Code Enforcement Action Request to the City of Edmonds claiming state and local laws have been broken by certain City Officials. Several City Officials emailed me confessing to their violations of the law.

My request should have prompted an investigation by the Code Enforcement Officer. The City choose to ignore me. Not until I requested an appointment with Mr. Mike Thies Code Enforcement Officer extraordinaire, did I learn the City had hired outside law firm to investigation my request. The outside law firm advised me Mr. Thies was unqualified to investigate a Code Enforcement Action Request.

There was no investigation. There was no Code Enforcement. Yesterday, I received a letter stating the City doesn't take me seriously. While the letter didn't say so, I've been dismissed. Well the City may soon find out, just how dedicated and tenacious I can be. Unfortunately, it may cost the taxpayers. I've told the Mayor to stop the foolish behavior but my warnings have fallen on deaf ears.

Citizens of Edmonds unite; we need to preserve Edmonds by enforcing the laws and bringing quality development and additions to our community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMAIL TO COUNCIL PRESIDENT

Lighthouse Law Group's inferior legal representation

The Edmonds City Council Again Violates the Open Public Meetings Act.